Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Free Beer

I have to admit, I'm not much of a hockey fan at all. I don't even watch it during the Stanley Cup finals if I can help it. But if free beer is the way into every man's heart, then the Tampa Bay Lightning have just become my de facto favourite hockey team.

"During the first Eastern Conference playoff game between the Lightning and the Philadelphia Flyers Saturday, the St. Pete Times Forum's main scoreboard advertised the offer. Those who paid $100 toward 2004-05 season tickets were eligible for unlimited free beer during the game."

On the other hand, giant plastic/paper cups of flat, gassy Budweiser or Coors Light is not my idea of beer so unless they've got some real ale in the bargain, it's a useless offer to me.

But an "A" for effort, guys. At the very least, I'll be rooting for the Lightning to win the Stanley Cup this year.

No comments: