Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ashes Build Up Begins...



"Kylie Minogue took over half England’s team hotel and was lying poolside the other day, but most of the guests were more excited to see Michael Vaughan among them. Will he play? He looks fit! That’ll stick it up em! They whispered as they got stuck into their Fosters (yes, it appears your average Pom has embraced the beer Australia rejects)."


*****

Meeps of a Dying Coach

Asked what else fans have to look forward to over the next six games -- four of which are at home -- Redskins Coach Gibbs said:

"I think our fans are what I feel good about. Our fans always make the right decisions. I don't think there's anything that makes us better. I never try to coach up our fan base. They're normally ahead of me. I don't make predictions and try to tell someone here's a rosy picture or anything else. You try to work as hard as you can. You don't know where this is going to go. It's week to week. It's year to year. That's what the NFL is. You have to make it happen, and if you don't make it happen you're in for hard times."


Surely the fans don't feel so good about Gibbs or the Dreadskins by this point.

*****

If you include the field goal that he missed for Indianapolis in the playoff loss to Pittsburgh, Cowboy kick-misser Mike Vanderjagt has missed six of his last 18 attempts. A pretty poor conversion rate, considering he entered the season as the NFL’s very best all-time at 87.5 percent

via - Czar's blogs and:

*****

Bengals defensive tackle Sam Adams has been playing pretty well the past two games. Asked why he’s playing better, Adams responded by saying: "I feel a lot better. I feel like I changed sexes."

Hrrrm?

"I feel like I’m a different human being," Adams said.

Different human being sure but you feel like you did WOT?

"Changed sexes," he said. "I’m a different human being right now."

Maybe he means changed species.

*****


O! The Miseries of a McNabbless Philly!

No comments: