Thursday, March 26, 2009

GET OUTTA HERE, DUKE

Yes!

The tournament can finally be enjoyed. Well, almost. What we need next is a Gonzaga over UNC tonight to complete the hate checklist.



That's because new East Bracket Favourite Villanova stomped Duke, beating them by 23 points. TWENTY THREE POINTS. Whoop!

Unsurprisingly perhaps, the East Bracket final will be between two Big East teams after Pitt's three man team overcame Xavier.

Awhile back I noted (or someone else noted and I merely parroted the observation) that the last time the Big East had so many teams in the tournament, the final went down to Villanova against Georgetown.

So my conclusion is that the Villanova is going to advance to the Final Four. That's who I'm going to root for. Very trendy pick.

On a sadder note, my brackets are all entirely fucked with the Missouri shocker over Memphis.. Hey, maybe that kid from Maryland, Greivis Vasquez, was right: Memphis were overrated.

It doesn't matter really. My team are out. My brackets are finished.

UCONN rubbished their third straight opponent overcoming one controversy after another.

The question is, can they handle Missouri's defence? Can they handle a team that is absolutely peaking at the right moment or have they shot their wad overwhelming Memphis?

Well, I'm simply not going to root for Missou. Further, I think they've shot their wad. UCONN are going to advance to the Final Four.

*****

Going to be on a boat to France tonight so unless there is some sort of Wifi on board which I highly doubt, I'm going to miss all the games. Will probably miss all of the Saturday games as well. (hence the reason I've picked my two Final Four projections, the updated ones based on what I hope is reality.

The other two?

Well, I can't help but root for Syracuse to beat Oklahoma. On the scale of do I hate Duke more than I want Syracuse to win? No, I could have stomached, albeit with great distaste, nausea, dry heaving, Duke making it to the Final Four, but only if Syracuse made it as well. Now that Duke are out, I have only UNC to Root Against so what I'm hoping for is a Gonzaga-Syracuse Regional finale.

Will it happen? Maybe. It's probably the least likely of four scenarios; Syracuse v UNC or Oklahoma v UNC or Oklahome v Gonzaga. But root for it. UNC v Syracuse would be a good game but I sense this would inevitably be UNC's game. So root for Gonzaga along with Syracuse.

So, Villanova, UCONN and Syracuse in. No bias here.

That leaves the Louisville Region.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

Louisville play Arizona and whilst their little storybook beginning is enchanting, enough is enough. Arizona don't deserve do go any further.

Besides, the only team in any bracket I've got left winning is Louisville so they've GOT to win.

Michigan State against defending champ Kansas? Zzzzzzz. I know I don't care. Let's just say Louisville.

And let's just say a Louisville-Syracuse final although I sense, with history on it's side, UCONN-Villanova is a strong possibility at this point as well.

No comments: