Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A-Roid, A-Fraud, A-Hole: Which Is It?

Ah, yes, cat out of the bag. One of the biggest douchebags in baseball cheats as well. Not that we didn't expect it. Slyly, he admits using steroids but when pressed about when, he hedges his bets and limits it to the pre-Yank-Me years. But he can't say that with any certainty or conviction. Not sure I didn't plunge needles into my arse when I was with the Yankees or not but as far as my pea brain can remember, I didn't. Probably not. But don't hold me to it.

When asked if his usage took place from 2001-2003, Rodriguez said, "That's pretty accurate."

What the fuck does that mean? Is it accurate or not? "Pretty" accurate? Does that mean his usage might have taken place before 2001 or even after 2003? I'm just too fucking stupid to remember? Fat chance. That's just today's lie to cover for today's headline.

In a 2007 60 Minutes interview with Katie Couric, Rodriguez flatly denied ever taking steroids. "For the record, have you ever used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing substance?" Couric asked.

"No," said Rodriguez. "I've never felt overmatched on the baseball field. I've always been a very strong, dominant position. And I felt that if I did my work since I was, you know, a rookie back in Seattle, I didn't have a problem competing at any level. So, no."


So no, I'm not a fucking liar. I just play one on tv. In pinstripes. Prison stripes.

What is like the trillionth reason in history to hate the Yankees?

The other thing to question is what is with Madonna and steroid users? First super Douche Jose Canseco then A-Rod. And maybe that's why her marriage to Guy Ritchie went bust because he wouldn't pray into her little kaballah and inject drugs into his arse cheeks.

Anyway, a little tongue-in-cheek combining that recent Facebook phenomenon and baseball's most recently shamed drug hound, Alex Rodriguez: 25 Random Things About Me. thanks, dumb as a blog

*****

Meanwhile, on London's flash west side, Chelsea have sacked their manager...again.

The sad, sad billionaire...



Now the race is on to see what muppet they tie up next to try and replace, for the third time, The Special One.

They'll never get it right again.

*****

Hard to believe, when you read about the mouse that is A-Rod, that there are athletes out there surviving on the other end of the spectrum. Hard to imagine that Ben Roethlisberger played the Super Bowl with fractured ribs.

"Fractured ribs,'' Roethlisberger said. "Luckily, in the game, I didn't take any big hits to make 'em hurt. But I knew all along there was something wrong. There wouldn't have been anything they could have done about fractured ribs anyway. It was just suck it up and play.''


Or maybe he should have said, did I play with fractured ribs? That's "pretty" accurate. Or maybe it was a hang nail. Or with no functioning internal organs. Where's the steroids, rib-boy?

Do you think A-Hole would play with fractured ribs? Even if he wasn't high out of his mind on steroids?

No comments: